Saturday, February 16, 2013

A cup of hot chocolate

<p dir=ltr>It dawned on to me a few months ago, back in 2012, sending of my friends, and I were to return back. Only that I wasnt with a cup of hot chocolate, but I was with a glass of hot teh. I was struck with the same sort epiphany anyways.<br>
That very cup of hot chocolate that we see in western movies actually symbolises more than just a warm offering to a guest in our home. It means a lot more.<br>
In winter you can't imagine how cold it is unless you have experienced it yourself. In the midst of getting through the barren coldness from without, the cup offers warmness to arise from within.<br>
It also symbolises hope. In all of the icy and blank whiteness of the season, the cup of hot chocolate reminds you that there is still hope. Hope to live on and not give in to the bleak tundra. Hope that you will meet warmness again in the upcoming spring. Hope that you will keep on fighting for life. Because this is the one and only chance we got. <br>
I could still fondly retell the story of how my glass of teh went. I was just starring rigidly into space at the UTC food court in Pudu. As I was contemplating where I were and where I am going from there on after sending of my friends, I took a sip of the teh. At that very moment it struck me. It struck me how the hot chocolate means so much more than just a drink. Its a very strong symbol for hope and preserverance.
It is with my greatest hope we would offer anyone be it our friends or family or even a stranger a nice warm cup of any drinks that we have. It is a small gesture of kindness that would bring a smile. Be kind for everyone we meet is fighting a hard battle.
Thats all from just a deep reflection from a cup of hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment